https://donemmynaija.com/ads.txt

Maguire ‘s Lack of Apology is “Shocking” & “Unsportsmanlike”-Attorney General’s Office.

Maguire 's Lack of Apology is "Shocking" & "Unsportsmanlike"-Attorney General's Office.

Maguire ‘s Lack of Apology is “Shocking” & “Unsportsmanlike”-Attorney General’s Office.

On Tuesday, the Manchester United Captain was found guilty of repeated physical harm, attempted bribery, violence against public servants, and insult following his arrest last week on the island of Mykonos.

He was sentenced to 21 months, 10 days in jail, suspended for three years.

Maguire, 27, appealed the verdict.

United say the appeal means that the original conviction of the human rights defender is nullified and a higher court will now consider the case.

But lawyer Dr. Ioannis Paradissis said there was still time to say “I ‘m sorry.”

England’s defenseman Maguire was arrested along with his brother Joe, 28, and his family friend Christopher Sharman, 29, on Thursday after an altercation with the police. Both Joe Maguire and Sharman have been sentenced to 13 months in prison, also suspended for three years.

All three of the men denied all charges.

Dr Paradissis, who represented two of the six Greek police officers involved in the case, told BBC Radio 4: “The appeal process in Greece is a retrial. It is therefore clear that there is still time for the three defendants to say they are sorry, and then I believe that the outcome could be different.

“It would be different, because under Greek law, you can withdraw some charges-non-aggravated bodily harm and verbal assaults that were shouted at the police officer.

“I don’t know if my clients would accept that, but they told me they ‘re still waiting for an apology, and they haven’t heard any of it, and that’s what I find quite shocking and pretty unsportsmanlike, because fair play means that when I’ve done something wrong, I ‘m sorry.”

After Tuesday’s verdict, Maguire said that he had instructed his legal team to “immediately inform the courts that we will appeal.”

 

What do you think about this news update?

We want to hear from you all about this post.

Drop your comments let us see below thanks.

RECOMMENDED NEWS FOR YOU ON DONEMMYNAIJA

  1. #BBNaija Lockdown: Four Things To Look Forward To This Season – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  2. JUST IN!!! President Buhari’s Aide Attacks Dino Melaye For Sharing Video Of Nigerians Struggling For Rice – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  3. Most Traveled President Buhari Set To Visit Mali On Thursday – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  4. Buhari React As Former President, Goodluck Jonathan Gives Report On Political Situation Affecting The Country – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  5. Good News! Lagos Discharges Seven Coronavirus Patients – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  6. Coronavirus: 19 Nigerian Doctors Quarantined In Southwest – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  7. [Sports] La Liga!! Lionel Messi Scores As Barcelona Beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 To Stay Unbeaten In The League – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  8. #BBNaija’s Tacha Ends Management Relationship With Tee Billz (@Symply_Tacha) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  9. 850 Refinery Workers Having Been Sacked By NNPC – NUPENG Says – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  10. #COVID-19 Pandemic `Will Probably Get Worse’ — Trump – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  11. Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander At Night & His Car Was Snatched (Photos) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  12. Coronavirus Committee Quarantines 99 Aid Worker’s Contacts In Borno – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  13. PLEASE HELP ME!! As She Was Forcefully Detained And Back Up With Fake COVID-19 Report – Woman Seek Help (VIDEO) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  14. Child Deaths In Nigeria Over Malaria Has Decline By 16% In 10 Years – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  15. Nasarawa Deputy Governor Probed Over COVID-19 Fund (Read Details) – NEWS UPDATE HERE

Leave a Reply