Buhari Unveils Agenda Three Years Next (Read details)
Buhari Unveils Agenda Three Years Next (Read details)
During his remaining years in office, the president, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), identified nine areas his regime would prioritize on Tuesday.
He identified those focus areas to include improving access to quality education, health care, raising poverty by providing electricity.
According to a statement by his Special Advisor on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the President spoke at the Presidential Villa , Abuja, while receiving letters of credence from ambassadors / high commissioners from eight states.
The declaration was entitled “President Buhari outlines nine focus areas for improving Nigerian livelihoods.”
Adesina quoted the President as saying that efforts were being made to maintain Nigeria ‘s position as a lucrative investment destination with unprecedented opportunities in all sectors, in particular the wide market and the versatile tax system from which investors from different countries would benefit.
He said Buhari told diplomats about the goals of Nigeria, and the need to streamline policies that concentrate on citizens.
He quoted the President as saying, “We have identified the following nine goals in our efforts to achieve a balanced domestic and foreign policy as well as national growth areas to guide our policy directions over the next few years.
“Build a thriving and sustainable economy; enhance social inclusion and reduce poverty; enlarge agricultural output for food security and export; attain energy sufficiency in power and petroleum products and expand transport and other infrastructural development.
“Expand business growth, entrepreneurship and industrialisation; expand access to quality education, affordable healthcare and productivity of Nigerians; build a system to fight corruption, improve governance and create social cohesion; and improve security for all.’’
He said while identifying Nigerians as the “most precious assets of the country,” the President said the nine priority mandates had already been expressed in the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, a government-pioneered medium-term plan to restore economic growth and development while exploiting citizens’ resourcefulness and resilience.
The President encouraged diplomats to take advantage of the opportunity to work in the country to strengthen relations with their governments and with their people.
“I have no doubt that you might have prior and in-depth knowledge of Nigeria’s huge potential which you will hopefully see for yourselves.
“I, therefore, urge you to go around the country, see things for yourselves, and report to your home governments.
“This is important as you all are representatives of both your sending and host states,” he was further quoted as saying.Buhari said Nigeria would remain steadfast, without discrimination, in pursuing deeper and more valuable relations among nations.
Nigeria strongly supports joint action to ensure a democratic and fair world order based on strict respect for the norms of international law, the United Nations Charter, recognition of the unquestionable value of cultural diversity, national sovereignty, and the right of all countries to decide their future freely, without external pressure.
“Nigeria does not divide its partners into big and small; we value and respect every country, and with every country, we are ready to pursue dialogue, as well as build cooperation on the basis of equality and constructive mutual respect.
“These include our cooperation in strengthening regional, continental and global peace and security, resolving complex issues, settling conflicts, as well as addressing dangerous threats to mankind, among which include terrorism, proliferation of small arms and light weapons, human trafficking, cybercrimes, poverty, communicable diseases, and epidemics.’’
Speaking on behalf of the diplomats, the Ambassador of Algeria to Nigeria, Hocine Latil, was quoted as saying that each of the diplomats brings greetings and agenda from their home governments, but the bottom line remains to enhance cooperation and seek advancement in mutual areas of interest.
“On behalf of my colleagues, we thank you for receiving us. We know that your schedule is tight. As the giant of Africa, you are always focused on resolving conflicts in the continent, while taking care of your domestic issues as well,” he said.
The Algerian ambassador said African ambassadors should take advantage of the opportunity to further strengthen and learn from each other the implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement.
Hocine Latil of Algeria; Luong Quoc Thinh of Vietnam; Dr Benson Alfred Bana of Tanzania; Traore Kalilou of Cote d’Ivoire; Abakar Saleh Chahaimi of Chad; Jamal Mohammed Barrow of Somalia; Brahim Salem El Mami Buseif of Sahrawi Arab Republic; and Mohammed Alibak of Iran are the ambassadors / high commissioners who delivered their letters of credence.
What do you think about this news update?
We want to hear from you all about this post.
Drop your comments let us see below thanks.
RECOMMENDED NEWS FOR YOU ON DONEMMYNAIJA
- #BBNaija Lockdown: Four Things To Look Forward To This Season – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- JUST IN!!! President Buhari’s Aide Attacks Dino Melaye For Sharing Video Of Nigerians Struggling For Rice – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Most Traveled President Buhari Set To Visit Mali On Thursday – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Buhari React As Former President, Goodluck Jonathan Gives Report On Political Situation Affecting The Country – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Good News! Lagos Discharges Seven Coronavirus Patients – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Coronavirus: 19 Nigerian Doctors Quarantined In Southwest – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- [Sports] La Liga!! Lionel Messi Scores As Barcelona Beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 To Stay Unbeaten In The League – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- #BBNaija’s Tacha Ends Management Relationship With Tee Billz (@Symply_Tacha) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- 850 Refinery Workers Having Been Sacked By NNPC – NUPENG Says – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- #COVID-19 Pandemic `Will Probably Get Worse’ — Trump – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander At Night & His Car Was Snatched (Photos) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Coronavirus Committee Quarantines 99 Aid Worker’s Contacts In Borno – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- PLEASE HELP ME!! As She Was Forcefully Detained And Back Up With Fake COVID-19 Report – Woman Seek Help (VIDEO) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Child Deaths In Nigeria Over Malaria Has Decline By 16% In 10 Years – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Nasarawa Deputy Governor Probed Over COVID-19 Fund (Read Details) – NEWS UPDATE HERE