https://donemmynaija.com/ads.txt

659 retrenched teachers kick the Adamawa Government’s handling of the court order

659 retrenched teachers kick the Adamawa Government’s handling of the court order

Over six hundred retrenched teachers in Adamawa State are kicking against a lull in the move by the government to execute a court judgement in their favour.

The affected teachers who were recruited by the Murtala Nyako government in 2013, were laid off in 2014 during Ahmadu Fintiri’s brief tenure as acting governor.

The teachers who appealed to the National Industrial Court for redress got a ruling ordering their reinstatement when the administration of Governor Jibrila Bindow had already set in.

The Bindow administration bowed out without reinstating them and although the current administration of Ahmadu Fintiri has taken steps after its inauguration last year, the teachers are yet to get their dues.

They have now resurrected their protest, accusing the government of deceit and contempt of court which ordered a judgement sum of N770, 325,000 and reinstatement of the teachers into the civil service.

The protesting teachers are in what is called Batch D1, being the batch of recruited teachers affected by the controversial sack.

Leader of the Bach D1 Teachers, Fred Mbashi, told newsmen in Yola, “We agreed with the government that it will reabsorb us into the civil service. To that effect, we were screened while the state government promised to start settling the judgement sum on a monthly basis by paying us N64 million monthly from March 2020

“But since then, nothing has happened, nobody addressed us, nobody talked to us about the agreement,” Fred said, adding that what is preventing them from approaching the court again is the COVID-19 induced recess.

Reacting to the complaint, the Chairman of the committee which screened the teachers, Mr Sunday Stephen who is also the Deputy Permanent Secretary in the Adamawa State Ministry of Education, said he had submitted the report of his screening of the affected teachers to the appropriate authorities.

“We screened them and raised a report and we submitted the same report to the government and all of a sudden, the lockdown came because of the COVID-19 and at that time government activities could not hold again,” he said.

 

What do you think about this news update?

We want to hear from you all about this post.

Drop your comments let us see below thanks.

RECOMMENDED NEWS FOR YOU ON DONEMMYNAIJA

  1. #BBNaija Lockdown: Four Things To Look Forward To This Season – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  2. JUST IN!!! President Buhari’s Aide Attacks Dino Melaye For Sharing Video Of Nigerians Struggling For Rice – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  3. Most Traveled President Buhari Set To Visit Mali On Thursday – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  4. Buhari React As Former President, Goodluck Jonathan Gives Report On Political Situation Affecting The Country – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  5. Good News! Lagos Discharges Seven Coronavirus Patients – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  6. Coronavirus: 19 Nigerian Doctors Quarantined In Southwest – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  7. [Sports] La Liga!! Lionel Messi Scores As Barcelona Beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 To Stay Unbeaten In The League – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  8. #BBNaija’s Tacha Ends Management Relationship With Tee Billz (@Symply_Tacha) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  9. 850 Refinery Workers Having Been Sacked By NNPC – NUPENG Says – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  10. #COVID-19 Pandemic `Will Probably Get Worse’ — Trump – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  11. Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander At Night & His Car Was Snatched (Photos) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  12. Coronavirus Committee Quarantines 99 Aid Worker’s Contacts In Borno – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  13. PLEASE HELP ME!! As She Was Forcefully Detained And Back Up With Fake COVID-19 Report – Woman Seek Help (VIDEO) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  14. Child Deaths In Nigeria Over Malaria Has Decline By 16% In 10 Years – NEWS UPDATE HERE
  15. Nasarawa Deputy Governor Probed Over COVID-19 Fund (Read Details) – NEWS UPDATE HERE

Leave a Reply