5 G Network: Computers make recommendations to NCC
5 G Network: Computers make recommendations to NCC
The Computer Professionals (Registration Council) of Nigeria, CPN, has put forward some recommendations to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on the adoption of the 5th Generation (5G) network in the country.
CPN made the recommendations after its virtual ‘CPN IT Professionals Assembly’ held recently with the theme: “Adoption of 5G in Nigeria: The Technological and Regulatory Challenges.”
The annual CPN Information Technology Professionals’ Assembly is a yearly gathering of Information Technology practitioners in Nigeria and Diaspora with the objective of discussing and strategizing on emergent issues in Information Technology in order to come out with recommendations and decisions that will impact positively on the industry and the nation.
The theme of this year’s event, according to CPN, was carefully selected to address all the misgivings, misinterpretations and misconceptions surrounding the issue of adoption and deployment of 5G network in Nigeria.
The Keynote was delivered by Engr. Deus Uche Osuji, General Manager, Network Services at MTN Nigeria.
Some of the recommendations made by the CPN, as forwarded to DAILY POST on Thursday, include:
“The deployment of 5G in Nigeria is capable of fast tracking our economic growth and migrating us fully into a digital economy.
“Deployment of 5G in Nigeria has numerous advantages which include faster internet connection, smoother user experience and huge deployment of Information Technology to drive growth and development of industries.
“CPN is now recommending the adoption of 5G network to Government at all levels because Nigeria will derive huge socio-economic benefits from commercial deployment of the fifth generation (5G) networks. The new networks will come with great potentials that will boost the entire spectrum of Nigeria’s socio economic ecosystem.
“Adoption of 5G network in Nigeria will bring about transformation in the country in the area of smart city, smart transportation, efficiency in medicine as well as a lot of automation in respect of our appliances and devices with respect to Internet of Things (IoT).
“The country will also benefit immensely from the adoption of the network in terms of faster speed, high latency and high capacity that will transform consumer and business experiences because the difference between all other existing generations of technologies such as 2G, 3G and 4G lies in speed and data capacity.
“Provision of good and adequate supply of power will enable the citizenry to enjoy the benefits of 5G network and derive huge socio-economic benefits from commercial deployment of the fifth generation (5G) networks. Therefore, there is need for the Federal Government to intensify its efforts in addressing the power challenges in the country.
“The Federal Government is hereby enjoined to ensure that the cost of 5G compatible devices is affordable to Nigerian so that the citizens can benefit from the new technology
“The Federal Government of Nigeria should declare Information Technology and Telecommunications as a critical national infrastructure to facilitate the success of the national broadband strategy
“Governments at various levels should also intensify their efforts to embrace Information Technology with its attendant potentials of facilitating governance and eradicating corruption in the country
“The complete adoption of Information Technology, as well as migration of Government operations from manual to digital, will make the country to conform with the benchmark of Government operations in the 21st century
In conclusion, at the end of the meeting, members of the profession present during showered accolades and encomium on the President/Chairman-in-Council and all members of CPN Council for holding a successful assembly despite the challenges posed by the Corona Virus pandemic.
“The Council has delivered on its mandate to convoke a world-class Virtual IT Professionals’ Assembly worthy of emulation by other Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).”
What do you think about this news update?
We want to hear from you all about this post.
Drop your comments let us see below thanks.
RECOMMENDED NEWS FOR YOU ON DONEMMYNAIJA
- #BBNaija Lockdown: Four Things To Look Forward To This Season – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- JUST IN!!! President Buhari’s Aide Attacks Dino Melaye For Sharing Video Of Nigerians Struggling For Rice – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Most Traveled President Buhari Set To Visit Mali On Thursday – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Buhari React As Former President, Goodluck Jonathan Gives Report On Political Situation Affecting The Country – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Good News! Lagos Discharges Seven Coronavirus Patients – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Coronavirus: 19 Nigerian Doctors Quarantined In Southwest – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- [Sports] La Liga!! Lionel Messi Scores As Barcelona Beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 To Stay Unbeaten In The League – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- #BBNaija’s Tacha Ends Management Relationship With Tee Billz (@Symply_Tacha) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- 850 Refinery Workers Having Been Sacked By NNPC – NUPENG Says – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- #COVID-19 Pandemic `Will Probably Get Worse’ — Trump – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander At Night & His Car Was Snatched (Photos) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Coronavirus Committee Quarantines 99 Aid Worker’s Contacts In Borno – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- PLEASE HELP ME!! As She Was Forcefully Detained And Back Up With Fake COVID-19 Report – Woman Seek Help (VIDEO) – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Child Deaths In Nigeria Over Malaria Has Decline By 16% In 10 Years – NEWS UPDATE HERE
- Nasarawa Deputy Governor Probed Over COVID-19 Fund (Read Details) – NEWS UPDATE HERE